Iso Lomso Fellowships: Call for Applications 2017
Post-doctoral African scholars from all disciplines have until 15 November 2017 to apply for these fellowships.
The benefits of the fellowships include:
- a 3 year attachment to the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS) in South Africa, during which time fellows may spend a total of 10 months in residence to pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS; and a
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme's focus is on those who have obtained a doctoral degree in the past 7 years, hold an academic position in Africa, have established a research programme, and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent programme.