CHESAI Outputs (2012 – 2016)
The outputs listed here were produced during the first phase of CHESAI’s work (2012-2016).
- Kabir Sheikh, Helen Schneider, Irene Agyepong, Uta Lehmann and Lucy Gilson. 2016. Boundary-spanning: reflections on the practices and principles of Global Health. BMJ Global Health, 2(2):112-118. http://gh.bmj.com/content/1/1/e000058
- Ermin Erasmus, Uta Lehmann, Irene Agyepong, John Alwar, Don de Savigny, Peter Kamuzora, Tolib Mirzoev, Nonhlanhla Nxumalo, Göran Tomson, Benjamin Uzochukwu and Lucy Gilson. 2016. Strengthening post-graduate educational capacity for health policy and systems research and analysis: the strategy of the Consortium for Health Policy and Systems Analysis in Africa. Health Research Policy and Systems, 14(1). https://health-policy-systems.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12961-016-0097-0
- Dickson R O Okello and Lucy Gilson. 2015. Exploring the influence of trust relationships on motivation in the health sector: a systematic review. Human Resources for Health 13(16). http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12960-015-0007-5
- Vera Scott, Ntombomzi Dinginto and Zethu Xapile. 2015. Operational health service management: Understanding the role of information in decision-making. South African Health Review 2014/15. http://www.hst.org.za/sites/default/files/11_Information.pdf
- Susan Cleary, Nikki Schaay, Elizabeth Botes, Ntombizanele Figlan, Uta Lehmann and Lucy Gilson. 2015. Re-imagining community participation at the district level: Lessons from the DIALHS collaboration. South African Health Review 2014/15. http://www.hst.org.za/sites/default/files/12_Community_Part.pdf
- Helen Schneider, Rene English, Hanani Tabana, Thesandree Padayachee and Marsha Orgill. 2014. Whole-system change: case study of factors facilitating early implementation of a primary health care reform in a South African province. BMC Health Services Research 14(609) http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/14/609
- Judith Daire and Lucy Gilson. 2014. Does identity shape leadership and management practice? Experiences of PHC facility managers in Cape Town, South Africa. Health Policy and Planning (29):ii82–ii97. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czu075
- Uta Lehmann and Lucy Gilson. 2014. Action learning for health system governance: the reward and challenge of co-production. Health Policy and Planning: 1–7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czu097
- Vera Scott, Nikki Schaay, Patti Olckers, Nomsa Nqana, Uta Lehmann and Lucy Gilson. 2014. Exploring the nature of governance at the level of implementation for health systems strengthening: the DIALHS experience. Health Policy and Planning 29(Suppl2):ii59–ii70. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093%2Fheapol%2Fczu073
- Woldekidan Kifle Made, David Sanders and Uta Lehmann. 2014. Building capacity to develop an African teaching platform on health workforce development: A collaborative initiative of universities from four sub Saharan countries. Human Resources for Health 12(31) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1478-4491-12-31
- Johann Cailhol, Isabel Craveiro, Tavares Madede, Elsie Makoa, Thubelihle Mathole, Ann Neo Parsons, Luc Van Leemput, Regien Biesma, Ruairi Brugha, Baltazar Chilundo, Uta Lehmann, Gilles Dussault, Wim Van Damme and David Sanders. 2013. Analysis of human resources for health strategies and policies in 5 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, in response to GFATM and PEPFAR-funded HIV-activities. Globalization and Health 9(52) http://www.globalizationandhealth.com/content/9/1/52
- Maylene Shung-King, Marsha Orgill, and Wiedaad Slemming. 2013. School health in South Africa: reflections on the past and prospects for the future. SAHR 14. http://www.health-e.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/South-African-Health-Review-2013-14.pdf
- Marsha Orgill, Nonhlanhla Nxumalo, Woldekidan Amde, Ermin Erasmus, Uta Lehmann, Jane Goudge and Lucy Gilson. 2012. Health Policy and Systems Research: Needs, challenges and opportunities in South Africa – a university perspective. SAHR 13. http://www.health-e.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/South-African-Health-Review-2013-14.pdf
For the most recent outputs produced by CHESAI members we suggest you visit the main partner’s websites: The Health Policy and Systems Division, School of Public Health and Family Medicine at the University of Cape Town and the School of Public Health at the University of the Western Cape.